Who we are
Lux Research is an independent research and advisory firm providing strategic advice and ongoing intelligence for emerging technologies. Leaders in business, finance, and government rely on us to help them make informed strategic decisions. Through our unique research approach focused on primary research and our extensive global network, we deliver insight, connections, and competitive advantage to our clients.
- Lux Research was founded in 2004 as a spin-off of venture capital firm Lux Capital. Today Lux Research is fully independent; Lux Capital is a minority shareholder and the two firms have no operational links.
- We serve clients on six continents from offices in Boston, New York, Amsterdam, and Singapore, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
- Our typical client account holder is a CTO, head of new business development, or direct report at a large, multinational corporation. We also have client relationships with organizations as diverse as government departments, start-up companies, insurers, and investment managers.
- Lux Research analysts are a diverse mix of consulting professionals, market researchers, and Ph.D. scientists and engineers. This unique blend of capabilities helps us to link science-driven innovation to its business impact.
- We conduct approximately 4,000 primary interviews each year and visit commercial, academic, and government facilities in over 20 countries. We complement interviews with exhaustive secondary research, rigorous quantitative models, and peer review.
- Lux Research analysts are routinely sought after to advise and comment on emerging technology commercialization. The firm's analysts have testified before the U.S. Congress four times, spoke at over 100 conferences worldwide, and were cited more than 5,000 times in business media since 2004.
Click to Download: Lux Research Brochure