From renewable bioplastics to aerospace-grade ceramics, from advanced alloys to metamateirals, the search for advanced materials is central to innovation in dozens of end markets. But the drive for higher performance increasingly must be balanced with constraints like feedstock availability, environmental and human safety, and relentless cost competition.
Lux Research's services uncover novel approaches to chemicals and materials to help corporations, investors, and governments find emerging opportunities before their competitors. Our services help innovators in Chemicals and Materials with:
- Advanced Materials: Coatings, structural materials, 3D printing; emerging material categories like metamaterials and graphene
- Agro Innovation: Pesticides, fertilizers, impact of advanced tech like precision Ag on chemical use, modified crops
- Autonomous Systems 2.0: Lightweight and other high-performance material for drones, robots, and autonomous vehicles
- Bio-based Materials and Chemicals: Alternatives to petrochemical feedstocks, polymers and basic, fine, and specialty chemicals from biorefineries or synthetic microorganisms
- BioElectronics: Diagnostic reagents, novel therapeutics, materials for POC and personal monitor systems
- Energy Electronics: Precursors, substrates, wafers, encapsulation, diffusers and other critical materials
- Energy Storage: Electrodes, separators, electrolytes, catalysts for incumbent and next-generation storage systems
- Exploration and Production: Advanced proppants, tracers, protective and structural materials; chemical for produced and frac water treatment
- Food and Nutrition: Novel food ingredients, nutrient deliver systems, prebiotics
- Printed, Flexible, and Organic Electronics: Organic electronic materials, novel transparent conductive films, metal and semiconductor inks
- Solar: Polysilicons, metal pastes, backsheets, encapsulants, AR coatings, cover glass, barrier films, racking and mounting materials
- Sustainable Building Materials: Green structural materials, dynamic windows, BIPV, advanced insulation, novel concrete, advanced paints and coatings, global policy outlook
- Water: Ceramic and polymer membranes, industrial water management, analytics for use with treatment chemicals
The proof of our capabilities in Chemicals and Materials lies in our client list, which includes the largest and most advanced manufacturers in Europe, Asia, and North America. Additionally, we advise investors, universities, and governments on core topics in the space, including economic development, health and safety regulation, and R&D priorities.