Chemicals and Materials
From renewable bioplastics to aerospace-grade ceramics, nanocatalysts, and diamond-coated alloys, the search for advanced materials is central to innovation in dozens of end markets. But the drive for higher performance increasingly must be balanced with constraints like feedstock availability, environmental and human safety, and relentless cost competition.
Lux Research's services uncover novel approaches to chemicals and materials to help corporations, investors, and governments find emerging opportunities before their competitors. Our services help innovators in Chemicals and Materials with:
- Advanced Materials: catalysts, coatings, lubricants, structural materials
- Bio-based Materials and Chemicals: bio-based polymers and fiber materials; biorefining; alternatives to petrochemical feedstocks; basic, fine, and specialty chemicals from synthetic microorganisms
- Mobile Energy, Grid Storage: novel battery chemistries; battery components such as separators
- Printed, Flexible, and Organic Electronics: Organic electronic materials, novel transparent conductive films, metal and semiconductor inks
- Water: ceramic and polymer membranes, industrial water management
- Solar Components: backsheets, encapsulants, lenses, pastes, and inks; novel photovoltaic materials in thin-film solar and beyond
- Sustainable Building Materials: green structural materials, dynamic windows, BIPV, advanced insulation, novel concrete, advanced paints and coatings, global policy outlook
- Formulation and Delivery: encapsulation technologies to increase effectiveness of active ingredients; applications in personal care, nutrition, agrochemicals
- Energy Electronics: precursors, substrates, wafers, encapsulation, diffusers and other critical materials
- China BioPharma: APIs, sensors, diagnostics, instruments, devices, implants, and novel therapeutic classes
The proof of our capabilities in Chemicals and Materials lies in our client list, which includes the largest and most advanced manufacturers in Europe, Asia, and North America. Additionally, we advise investors, universities, and governments on core topics in the space, including economic development, health and safety regulation, and R&D priorities.