Novel technologies and business models drive rapid and revolutionary shifts in consumer markets like food and beverage, personal care and cosmetics, household products, sporting equipment, and apparel. Whether in high-performance, luxury, or emerging markets, manufacturers and markets must identify the innovations that will help them be the disruptor, not the disrupted – across product attributes as distinct and conflicting as sustainability and appearance; quality and price; novelty and tradition.
Lux Research brings a unique blend of data, ideas, and experience to consumer goods companies’ next-generation product needs. For example, our clients have used our analysts’ familiarity with applications in extreme, demanding conditions like spaceflight and medicine in order to solve problems in athletic wear and food production. At the same time, we understand how technologies and tastes evolve, and can forecast when high-tech solutions will become simple and safe enough for consumer acceptance. Using our collected information and insight, we help market leaders find the future intercept points of market trends, business models, and technology in categories like:
- Advanced Materials: Novel composites and coatings, high-performance materials, 3D printing, distributed manufacturing
- Autonomous Systems 2.0: Robotics, self-driving cars and vehicles, and smart things (in the Internet of Things)
- Bio-based Materials and Chemicals: Renewable, less-toxic, and natural materials for textiles, plastics, consumables, cleaning, and packaging
- Coatings: Emerging materials components, formulations, processes and properties for coatings from cross-industry platforms to industry-specific applications
- Digital Health and Wellness: Wearable devices for medicine, sports, well-being and the lifestyle of the quantified self
- Electronic User Interfaces: Emerging displays, innovative control methods for personal and home electronics
- Food and Nutrition: More sustainable, healthier ingredients and processes for everything we eat and drink
- Industrial Big Data and Analytics: Industrial approaches to data processing and analytics
- Industrial Internet of Things: Smart connected products and connectivity platforms that enable new business models
- Intelligent Buildings and Sustainable Building Materials: Smart materials and devices for safer, more comfortable, more efficient homes and cities
- Sensors: Emerging sensor technologies
- Wearable Electronics: Lightweight memory, logic, sensing components; novel displays and sensors for personal and home electronics
Our Consumer products clients include the world's largest and most innovative suppliers, manufacturers, and brand owners. We look forward to working with your team to find and create tomorrow’s consumer markets.