Use and Distribution Policy
Lux Research shall provide Subscriber with User IDs to permit electronic access to the Intelligence Service(s) for up to the number of Members authorized in Schedule A. User IDs are unique to each authorized Member and may not be shared.
All Members must be employees of the Subscriber. Members may use and print copies of the Intelligence Service solely for such Members’ individual business purposes as such purposes relate to his/her employment with Subscriber, so long as Member provides proper source attribution. Such copies may not be further disclosed, disseminated, distributed, reproduced or retransmitted to any person, firm, or entity without Lux Research’s written permission.
Members with Inquiry privilege may submit Inquiries relating to their individual role. They may not act as a facilitator for Inquiry for other Subscriber employees, contractors, suppliers, and/or vendors.
Copyright and Quote Policy
To quote, reference, or use any research excerpt by Lux Research Inc., an email request must be submitted to email@example.com. Submitted request must include document title and date, and figure or quote requested.
We will respond to requests within 1 business day, if all required information has been provided.
We support Internet Explorer 9.0 and higher, Google Chrome, and Safari. PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat 9 or higher.
Please check this page often. From time to time, Lux Research may update policies without prior notice. Any updates or changes will be prominently displayed. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at any time.
DRAFT Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is effective as of May 2018, pending final review and approval.
Lux Research, Inc. and its Affiliates (collectively, "Lux", "we" or "us") recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and are committed to processing it responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws in all countries in which Lux operates.
This Privacy Statement describes Lux privacy practices that apply to how personal information we collect is used, stored, and shared. Please review this Policy before you give us any information. By using our websites or registering for our services and events, you consent to the collection and use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Lux does not own or control, or to individuals that Lux does not employ or manage.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or questions, requests, or concerns regarding your information, please contact us via email at Privacy.Officer@luxresearchinc.com.
Lux Research, Inc. is the data controller and processer and has its principal place of business in Boston, MA, USA. Contact information for each of our offices worldwide can be found here.
1. Information we collect
We collect the following types of information (collectively, “Personal Data”):
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, salutation, and job title.
- Contact Data includes email address, telephone number(s), and physical address.
- Technical Data includes URLs, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website(s).
- Profile or Account Data includes your username and password, your interests, preferences, and feedback. When clients access the Lux Member Site, we will store an authentication token so you will not need to login every time. We may also store information relevant to event attendance, such as meal preferences.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website(s), products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Employment Application Data includes resume, work history, and education.
We ask that you not send us or disclose any sensitive Personal Data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through our websites or via other means.
Our websites, products, and services deliver business-related content and are specifically aimed at and designed for use by adults. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from or about individuals under the age of 18 years.
2. How we collect information
Lux collects Personal Data about you or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our websites: We collect information through our websites, including when you register for an event or webinar, contact us, complete a survey, subscribe to our email newsletter or blog, or download content (e.g. whitepapers or executive summaries).
- Through third-party websites such as blog pages and social media: Information may be disclosed by you through websites, message boards, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials including, without limitation, our Lux Blog, at http://blog.luxresearchinc.com/blog/and social media pages and apps located at https://twitter.com/LuxResearch,https://www.facebook.com/LuxResearch/,https://www.linkedin.com/company/lux-research/,https://www.youtube.com/user/LuxResearch, and https://soundcloud.com/lux-research(collectively, “Social Media Pages”). This information can appear in public ways, such as through search engines or other publicly available platforms, and can be “crawled” or searched by third parties. Please do not post any information that you do not want to reveal to the public at large.
- Offline: We collect information from you offline, such as at an event/conference or during interactions with Lux employees.
- Phone calls: Please be aware it is Lux’s general practice to monitor, and in some cases, record sales phone calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
- From other sources: To enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, partners or professional associations, social media platforms, as well as from third parties.
We and third parties use various technologies to collect information about your activities on the Lux websites.
Cookies and local storage objects are files that contain data, such as unique identifiers, that we or a third-party transfer to or read from your device to recognize the device, provide services, keep records, and conduct analytics and marketing. We and third parties use automated means to read or write information on your devices. These means include various types of cookies and other browser-based or plugin-based local storage (such as HTML5 storage).
You may choose to control and/or delete all cookies from your hard drive. If you delete a cookie, however, please be advised that some features of our website(s) may not be accessible to you. Specifically, for the Lux Member Site, these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the website. They contain login information and encrypted user credentials, and cannot be read by web servers other than the luxresearchinc.com web server. Another option available to you is to change the preferences or settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from a primary website, block them from third parties, or clear out all cookies.
We use other standard automated technologies, such as web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) or similar technologies to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of our websites. We include web beacons in email messages to track whether you open the messages.
3. How we use the information we collect
We may use and disclose your Personal Data as follows:
- To respond to and fulfill your requests, such as sending you requested materials, newsletters, or webinar/event information. An event attendee's name, title, company, and/or country will be available to event attendees during the event (excluding webinars).
- To respond to your questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our websites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To communicate with you about your account or contract.
- To conduct research and analysis, including surveys.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email and other online and offline channels, in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on our websites by presenting content, products, and offers tailored to you. This may include profiling or automated decision-making, in which case Lux marketing and sales personnel are involved in the process and no automated decisions are made that would result in legal effects or similarly significantly affect an individual.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, operating and expanding our business activities, and making data-driven business decisions.
- To create aggregated or anonymized data, which we may use and disclose without restriction.
- To consider you for employment purposes.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- In connection with a business sale, merger, joint venture, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, liquidation, reorganization, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (whether the recipient of data in these cases will handle the data pursuant to this Privacy Statement depends on applicable law and other factors).
- For pre-transaction review in relation to the transactions described in the preceding list item.
Lux does not sell lists or usage information. We do not accept any advertising on our site and therefore have no information reporting requirements to any third party.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it, as described in Section 2. We will collect and use your information where the processing is in our legitimate business interests, such as for direct marketing and sales of Lux’s products and services to prospective Business-to-Business (B2B) customers. Our legal basis for processing information in certain circumstances will also be based on your consent to do so or where we need the information to perform a contract with you or in order to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information from you.
If we ask you to provide information to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
We retain your information as follows:
We will retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue our legitimate business interests (as described in Section 3), comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce applicable agreements. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We secure your data as follows:
We have implemented appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Data from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit via our websites or other online or offline channels.
Please note that you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your credentials used to access any account or service with Lux, and you must report suspected unauthorized activity to us. You are responsible for activity conducted with your credentials.
We may transfer your data as follows:
- To other companies or people with whom we have contracted to perform tasks on our behalf. We may share your Personal Data with some of them to enable completion of the contracted tasks. Examples include financial auditing, marketing and customer relationship management (CRM) platforms, marketing and sales services, and technical support. When selecting our suppliers and partners, we take into account their data handling processes.
- Links from a Lux website to other websites or resources on the Internet that are not part of the products, programs, or services run by Lux. Similarly, other websites or resources may contain links to the Lux websites. We do not control these other websites or their privacy practices, and any information you provide to these sites is subject to the Privacy Policies of those sites and not this Privacy Statement.
- Across Lux offices and facilities. Lux is based in the United States and has offices in other countries. Depending on your country of residence, when you provide information to us, we will transfer that information to our facilities in the United States. The recipients of the information disclosures described previously in this section of the Privacy Statement may be located in the United States or elsewhere in the world. Privacy laws in these countries may not provide protections equivalent to those of your country of residence, and your government may or may not deem such protections adequate.
4. Your rights and choices about the use of your information
You have the right to:
- Request to access, update, or correct your personal information.
- Request that Lux transfer your information to another organization.
- Request that Lux delete your information or restrict processing of your information.
- Object to direct marketing.
- You can always opt not to disclose information. However, if you elect to do so, we will likely be limited in responding to your inquiry or providing services to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving marketing messages from Lux by unsubscribing through the unsubscribe or opt-out link in an email, via http://web.luxresearchinc.com/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe, or by sending an email to Privacy.Officer@luxresearchinc.com. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
- Clients can opt-out of receiving content messages from Lux by adjusting Journal subscription preferences; click on the ‘manage your subscription’s or unsubscribe link in an email, via the Lux Member Site Subscription Center at https://members.luxresearchinc.com/settings/journal_subscriptions(you will need to log-in to the website to adjust your subscription), or by sending an email to Privacy.Officer@luxresearchinc.com.
You may submit a request as follows:
- In some cases, you may directly access your account and other personal details and amend, update, add, or delete information yourself by logging into the relevant portions of our websites.
- To access, correct, or raise inquiries about your information in our possession, please email us at Privacy.Officer@luxresearchinc.comor contact:
Lux Research, Inc.
100 Franklin Street, 8thFloor
Boston, MA 02110
- We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification before fulfilling your request.
- In the event you consider our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint:
· Directly with Lux by contacting us via the contact information in this section.
· With the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found here.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
5. Changes to this Privacy Statement
Lux may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. The “Effective Date” at the top of this page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on our websites.