This week, we announced a new partnership with Greentown Labs, the largest cleantech startup incubator in North America. The partnership will establish strong ties between Lux and the Greentown Labs startup community while also strengthening connections with many of Greentown Labs' corporate partners.
We are excited to partner with Greentown Labs to help deepen our connection with the Boston startup community. At Lux, we focus on delivering insights on disruptive technologies and companies. Greentown is a great partner for us because their members are leading innovation in the cleantech space.
Core elements of the Lux Research and Greentown Labs Partnership include:
- Speaking Engagements: Lux's team of analysts will serve as speakers at various Greentown Labs thought-leadership events, panel discussions, and roundtables, sharing market trend analysis and insights with key figures within the energy industry.
- Data and Insights: Greentown Labs will have access to Lux's platform, including data visualizations, expert analysis, company profiles, and more across cleantech and climate-focused sectors.
- Immersion into the Greentown Labs Community: Lux's experts will host lunch and learn sessions with the Greentown Labs community based on specific technologies or markets of mutual interest between Lux and Greentown's resident startups.
Greentown Labs is the largest cleantech incubator in the U.S., with about 100 startups currently working out of the incubator and more than 80 startup alumni since its founding in 2011. Based out of Somerville, Massachusetts, near the Harvard, Tufts, and MIT campuses, the incubator has a strong focus on hardware rather than software development, primarily recruits startups seeking seed and Series A funding.
Although most of Greentown's member startups are developing technologies specifically for the energy transition, the incubator also houses a number of startups developing technologies for other industries, such as Cambridge Crops, which makes an edible biopolymer coating for postharvest treatment of fruits and vegetables to extend their shelf life; NBD Nano, which develops coatings and additives based on its proprietary technology platform to enable tailored hydrophobicity and oleophobicity on substrates of metals and plastics, and Rise Robotics, which develops an electromechanical linear actuator for robotics applications.
Please join us in celebrating this new partnership at Greentown's upcoming EnergyBar on Thursday, September 12th in Somerville, Massachusetts. Together we look forward to driving growth through technology innovation within Boston’s world-renowned startup community.
- Event: September 12th EnergyBar
- Press Release: Lux Research Joins Greentown Labs as Gigawatt Partner
- Analyst Insight: Innovation Cluster Highlight: Greentown Labs (Members Only)
- Report: Innovating Innovation: How Data Science is Changing Innovation Management (Members Only)